ripe for the picking.

by colleen yo

“That’s the name of a fruit, isn’t it!” he says.
(ohmygodsheissocutewhatamidoing)
“Errr, I’m not sure?” she says.
(howgentelmanlytryingtopickmeupbycallingmeafruit)
“No, I’m pretty sure it is! Hold on.” [Whips out his smartphone]
(nowi’vejustmademyselflooklikeatechfreak)
“Okay…”
(soyouvegotgooglethishadbetterbegood)

“Aha!”
(steadysteadtsteadycomplimenther!)
“So, Mr Google, what fruit am I?”
(thisisgoingtobegood)
“Ahem, according to this, you are a variant of a mandarin orange!”
(steadysteadysteadykeepcalmman)
“I’ve never thought of myself as a citrus. I think I identify more with the subtle nuances of stone fruit, to be honest.”
(letsseehowufollowfromthat!)
“I think the name suites you fine. Did you know mandarins symbolise good luck?”
(comeoncomeoncomeonbite)
“Really? Tell me more?”
(thisisgoingtobeinteresting)
“Well, and this isn’t from Google, okay. Well, in Chinese culture, mandarins are usually exchanged during the Lunar New Year as a sign of respect as they symbolise good luck. True Story. And I think it’s my good luck, meeting you in a place like this.”
(keepgoingkeepgoingkeepgoingthankheavensimasian)
“Aren’t you a little old to be using that kind of pick up line?”
(impressedletstesthimalittlebitmore)
“Actually, I wasn’t thinking of citrus fruit. I was actually more interested in the first eight letters of your name.”
(ivegotthisnow)
“And? C-l-e-m-e-n-t-i? What’s it to you?”
(hesgood)
“That’s where I grew up! It’s a suburb, actually. Back home. In Singapore”
(reallyhopeshebuysthis)
“No way.”
(seriously?thisissofun)
“How about I let you do the Googling now? Here, try it” [Hands over his smartphone]
(awwwwyeahhhhh)
“What the hell? It really is a suburb. Of sorts”
(okayletsdothis)
“Told you! But since Singapore’s obviously too far, how about my place instead?”
(takethebaittakethebaittakeitgogogo)
“I don’t see why not.”
“I’ll get a cab!”






related posts.

sometimes by clayton lin

why won't you open up to me? by charlotte guest